Key Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
• Ensuring that regulated gaming is operated within Bermuda with the highest standards of honesty and integrity.
• Keeps records of all proceedings of the BCGC and preserves all records, books, documents, and other papers belonging to BCGC.
• Oversees the daily operation of all departments within the Commission including Audit, Compliance & Enforcement, Finance & Administration, Legal, Licensing, and Technology.
• Manages the process for the promulgation of regulations.
• In conjunction with the Commissioners, develops and monitors the annual budget and other planning documents, and reports regularly to the Commission on budget compliance and plan execution.
• Oversees the hiring, training, promoting, evaluation and progressive discipline of all employees of the BCGC, and ensures that these activities are administered in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Motivates and mentors staff development.
• Works to develop a positive, ethical, and professional organizational culture.
• Acts as the policy advisor to the Commission and assists in the development of all strategic and tactical plans.
• Maintains a positive and professional relationship with all industry participants and works to deliver a high level of efficient and timely service to all stakeholders.
• Works in a cooperative and collaborative manner with all applicable agencies both within and outside of Bermuda.
• Maintains current and up-to-date knowledge of all areas relevant to the successful execution of the position.
• Devotes full time to the duties of the office. The Executive Director may not hold any other office or employment.
• Requests and accepts documents, plans, procedures, amendments to procedures, and other information necessary for the Commission to carry out its duties under the Casino Gaming Act and administrative rules relating to the regulation of gaming.
• Administers requests and waivers, answers inquiries, issue interpretations, and otherwise takes any action that is reasonably requested by applicants, licensees, and holders of certificates of suitability in furtherance of, and consistent with, the efficient administration and enforcement of the provisions of the Casino Gaming Act and administrative rules relating to the regulation of gaming.
• Develops and administers an internal policies and procedures manual that governs daily operational issues.